T20 World Cup: Captain Harmanpreet Kaur Opens Up After India’s Win Against Sri Lanka

T20 World Cup: Captain Harmanpreet Kaur Opens Up After India's Win Against Sri Lanka

Harmanpreet Kaur Leads India to Victory Against Sri Lanka

An important match of the T20 World Cup was played between India and Sri Lanka. India won the match by 82 runs and kept their semi-final hopes alive. In fact, after the 58-run defeat against New Zealand, the net run-rate was shattered. So the challenge was to improve this run rate and win the remaining three matches. But India made a comeback in the match against Sri Lanka. India won the toss and elected to bat first.

India scored 172 runs thanks to Smriti Mandhana and skipper Harmanpreet Kaur’s half-centuries. Chasing these runs, the Sri Lankan team tumbled to 90 runs. In 19.5 overs the entire team returned to the tent. So team India got 2 points. Also, from -1.217 net run rate, this run rate is +0576. India now has a better net run rate than Pakistan and New Zealand. After the resounding win against Sri Lanka, captain Harmanpreet Kaur has opened her mind.

Join MyFinal11 WhatsApp Community

Harmanpreet Kaur Praises Team’s Strong Start and Winning Strategy

Captain Harmanpreet Kaur said, ‘We just wanted a rhythm of victory. Smriti and Shafali gave us a very good start. We had discussed it. We didn’t want to throw away our wicket. The top batsmen did exactly that and gave us a good start. Jamie and I just wanted to score 7-8 runs in an over and we did just that. Today I was in my zone, thinking positive and hitting any ball that was in my zone. This wicket is not very good for batting. You have to keep the rotating strike going and you can only swing your bat when the ball is in the zone. Today we believed in ourselves and kept rotating the strikes and that’s what worked for us.”

Read Also: India Clinch the Series with a Dominant Win

Sri Lanka Captain Chamari Atapattu Reflects on Team’s Struggles and Early Exit

On the other hand, Sri Lanka’s challenge in the tournament is over. Sri Lanka captain Chamari Atapattu said, “We struggled in the bowling, we dropped some easy catches. The batsmen didn’t do their job, especially the top-order was dismissed early and it became difficult to chase runs. We have to clear the slate and go back and work on things. The first game is crucial in this type of competition. It’s a low-scoring game, and we wanted to chase that target as a batsman.”

Both Teams’ Playing XI

India: Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur (captain), Richa Ghosh (wicketkeeper), Deepti Sharma, Sajivan Sajna, Arundhati Reddy, Shreyanka Patil, Asha Shobhana, Renuka Thakur Singh.
Sri Lanka: Vishmi Gunaratne, Chamari Atapattu (captain), Harshita Samarawickrama, Kavisha Dilhari, Nilakshi De Silva, Anushka Sanjeevani (wicketkeeper), Ama Kanchana, Sugandhika Kumari, Inoshi Priyadarshini, Udeshika Prabodhanweera, Innova Ranweera.

Using Reference Of:

1. TV9 Marathi
MyFinal11 Pro Fantasy Guide